We have baptized 1,270 people just recently in a river Awash. This is one of the greatest indications that shows how God is doing tremendous things in our areas called Wlenchity, Boffa and Donni. The evangelism and church planting movement in this region continues powerfully. According to our statistics more than 57 churches have been planted in the past 10 years in this district only and more than 35,000 people got saved and baptized so far.
We thank God for giving us this great breakthrough, for enabling us to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for opening the heart of the people to respond to the Gospel message. I would also like to thank all our partners for your prayers and support.
Mass baptism ceremony and celebrations
Visiting and encouraging our new churches
The village called EMBUR is one of the newly panted churches in the area called Chafedonsa. Even though God has given us great breakthrough in the area; the new believers in the village are still struggling and suffering in so many ways because of their faith Christ. The majority of the people in the community are fanatic Orthodox traditional religion followers and they don’t like the Christians and they persecute and excommunicate most of the believers in the village. As a result of this most the believers are leaving the village and the church almost closed.
However, recently we sent our master trainer Pastor Nigussei Werku to this village to visit and encourage the saints. He used a motorbike for his transportation and had a very good time with them. He prayed, encouraged and spent few days with them. According to his report they got encouraged and strengthened on their faith and have got determination to stand firm in Christ regardless.
We thank God for those believers in that village and they need more prayers.
Visiting our village churches by riding motorbike
Mission Training in Wolayita Sosdo
Pastor Getahun Abebe and I went to the town called Wolayita Sodo in the last week of April to conduct mission and leadership training for all Evangelical leaders in the town. More than 50 key leaders of the town attended the training and they equipped and empowered by our training.
The chairman of the Evangelical leaders’ association Pastor Abera said that; the training was so timely and it has helped all our leaders to inspire for the great commission and take action to do the mission of the church which is given by Jesus.
After training we went out for evangelism and mission and preached the Gospel and more than 1000 people have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior. Praise God!
Mission Training in Wolayita Sodo
- Pray for our new church and training – hub in EMBUR and may God would continue strengthen them in their faith in Christ regardless of the challenge and the persecutions.
- Pray for our new initiative of our school projects committee and may God would use it to transform the lives of many children.
- Pray for our CHE project and may God would enable us to train more women to tackle the challenge of malnutrition in Ethiopia.
- Continue pray for our school in Wonjishowa that may God would enable us to purchase the school compound
- Continue Pray for our leadership training & development programs, may God would enable and provide us all the necessary resources so that we may train and develop more leaders in the future.
Pastor Samson Weldemariam
Ethiopia Director and Vice President of U4A