Family priority is one of our focus areas in our ministry. To ensure the health of our families; we do have a program called “Family Week”. Our local churches conduct this program once in a year. The aim of this program is to promote healthy Christian marriage and families in our communities, to restore the marriage covenant of the couples and to encourage young Christians to value Christian marriage and practice it in their lives. The program includes teachings on Biblical marriage, how to raise healthy generations and celebration of marriage in various ways in the church.
Therefore, our master trainer Pastor Getahun Abebe went to the town called Assosa and conducted this program. As a result of this program several families have been restored. We thank God for this program.
Couples and families after the event
Children Ministry and feeding in our village churches
How precious are children on the eyes of God!! Our village churches are committed to serve the children in our communities in various ways. Every Sunday we do have a Sunday school program for our children. Our children including the children of non-believers in the villages are really enjoying this program. Every Sunday morning they gather together and learn Biblical stories. After that they partake in good local food prepared by our committed women in the church. The children are really happy with this feeding program and enjoy the meal. We believe that those precious children will be God’s warrior for His kingdom in the future.
Visiting our village churches by riding motorbike
The impact of Animal Project in our region
Magertu Roba is one of our beneficiaries from our “Animal Project”. Few years ago she received one goat. And God has blessed her and her goat has reproduced. Currently, she has got five more goats. She sold two and bought clothes and school supplies. She said “that I thank God for His provision and now I am empowered to support and educate myself with no problem. I thank God and thank those people who supported me even though I don’t know them. I know God knows them and I believe that He Blesses them wherever they are.”
What a joy to see the impact of our little gift in the lives of many children in Ethiopia and Africa. Praise to be God!!!
Magertu & her goats
Prayer request Lists
I will encourage all our prayer partners to continue to pray for us on the following prayer request list that I reported in my previous months’ report.
- Pray for our new church and training – hub in EMBUR and may God would continue strengthen them in their faith in Christ regardless of the challenge and the persecutions.
- Pray for our new initiative of our school projects committee and may God would use it to transform the lives of many children.
- Pray for our CHE project and may God would enable us to train more women to tackle the challenge of malnutrition in Ethiopia.
- Continue to pray for our school in Wonjishowa that may God would enable us to purchase the school compound
- Continue to pray for our leadership training & development programs, may God would enable and provide us all the necessary resources so that we may train and develop more leaders in the future.
- Continue Pray for our Animal Project may God would touch many orphans so they have got a bright future through this small gift.
- Continue Pray for our new classrooms construction project in Welenchity and Wonjishowa, may God would help us to complete it timely.
- We have started a new project for our local church – planters to provide them Bicycles and Motorbikes if possible, so that it will help them in their work as they travel to many villages. So, continue to pray for us, that God would provide us the budget for this new project.
Pastor Samson Weldemariam
Ethiopia Director and Vice President of U4A