1. Our Vision is being stretched.
The town Jigjiga is the capital city of the Somali region in Ethiopia. This town is very strategic and very close to the border to Somalia /Mogadishu/ and Somali-Land /Hargeisa/.
More than 100 people gathered together for 5 days (November 3 – 7 /2021) and got trained and equipped by the word of God. Pastor Wudneh Arega one of our leaders said that we do have quite a number of ministers who are serving in Somalia underground and this Leaders Mentorship and Discipleship Training (DMM) will help our leaders even to reach out the unreached people group in our region and neighboring countries, It is my prayer that those leaders in that region will be used by God to advance His Kingdom not only in Eastern part of Ethiopia but also in the neighboring countries of Horn of Africa.
Training in Jigjiga Town
2. The Impact of our goat project
A 13-year-old girl named by Asteru Lemi is one of the beneficiaries from our goat project. She received a goat 3 years ago. According to the report from Pastor Tadesse ; after she received the goat; this girl has been good taking care of her goat and God blesses her goat and they reach to more than Twenty in three years.
Currently, she sold some of them and bought a cow. Even her cow reproduce itself and she got another new baby cow. She is so exited about the blessing of God. Just recently Pastor Tadesse visited her and she said to him that even though I have no idea the person who donated to get me this goat I am always thankful to him/her and always praying for him/her.
By selling some of the goats she is able to buy food, clothing and her school supplies. She is also getting milk from her cow and she is healthy and strong now. She has a big dream that to continue in her schooling and even to help other orphans in her villages with her goats and sharing the milk with them.
Asteru Lemi, her care taker and Pastor Tadesse.
3. Intercession and Prayer
We believe that Prayer has irreplaceable role in Christian life and ministry. Particularly, in these days; by putting the current situation of Ethiopia and Horn of Africa in to consideration; our National Prayer team has organized fasting and praying time for four weeks. The theme of our prayer was based on the scripture of 2 Cornicles 7:114 saying “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
And each region of our country participated in this prayer. We have mobilized all our churches to be part of this prayer movement and we prayed for the peace of the nation and Horn of Africa. We believe that God heard our voices and we will see the fruits of prayer.
Prayer & Intercession
4. Conclusion, Praise & Prayer Requests
These are praises and prayer request items to pray about with us:
• Thank God for our ministry. Currently it is getting stretched to many other nations in Africa.
• Continue pray for our under ground ministry we have in Horn of Africa nations; may God would continue saves many souls miraculously for His Glory. And Pray also for the peace of those Horn of Africa nations (Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti)
• Pray for our Mentorship and Discipleship Training / DMM/. May God use us to transform the lives of many leaders.
• Thank God for our goat project. It has been impacting and transforming many lives. Continue pray also to reach many needy orphans as much as we can.
• Pray for our African Leadership Team that may God would continue use them in their countries, protect them and their families. As we are preparing planning for next year; may God gives us wisdom and shares His heart with us so that we will plan according to His will.
Samson Weldemariam /Pst/
Vice – president and Africa director of U4A