- Pastor and Chief Maragua of Mile Tisa organized training with the youth during the December holidays. He managed to be with the youth from 20th – 22nd December at Namanga Pentecostal Church in Mile Tisa. He met a total of 60 young people and shared with them about the Sanctity of human life.
- Rev Okongo visited Lositeti on 15th Dec 2012 and met with the leadership council. The council has identified a place to drill a water well that will provide water to the community, human and animals included. Okongo shared that Unite 4 Africa, Inc had acquired part of the funds meant for the water and we still pray for more as the community also endeavors to raise local resources towards the project.
- Pastor Ochola of House of Hope Chapel shares with the youth every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. During the holidays in Katito, he shares with the youth about:
- Being a custodian of their own lives
- Being responsible
- Being a pillar of the church
- Making a choice
- Pst Ochola also shared about the Sanctity of Human life with 79 young people at Rae AIC Church on 13/11/2012
- The women conference took place 0n 29th Nov, 30th Nov and 1st Dec. A total of 56 women were in attendance. They shared about how to empower themselves with Gods word and also the challenges they have experienced. Pastor Muchiri shared with them on the last day about Bridges for women and how they would use it to reach out to other women. He is planning to do a follow-up in the churches where the women came from to share more about the bridges for women training.
- In Kieni, a semi-slum area in Kinale area, Pst Muchiri holds a fellowship every week. He started with a family and has since grown to include neighbors. He has identified a man of peace and wants to engage him to establish a Church in the area. Lets pray for him to win many for Christ in this area.
Pastor Michael of Wichlum is leading his Church and they are praying for resources to buy a parcel of land to build a Church. He has had a rough time since he lost his 3-year-old daughter through a rape ordeal while on her way to school. His Church has been under attack from liars that he lost his daughter because of he worships devils, and surprisingly some of his Church members have left the church because of the rumors. He asks for prayers to remain steadfast in his calling to minister to people despite the challenges. The church currently has 15 members and they are working hard to ensure they have a Church.
House of Hope sponsored Sanctity of Human Life training in Kandaria AIC church meeting a group of 303 women aged from 9, with some elderly women in attendance.
The young girls opened up and shared some of their experiences and Joyce with the help of Justine and Dr David took them through various explanations from the Biblical perspective. The girls saw pictures and even had a touch of the rubber baby and they felt the need to preserve life instead of abortion.
We hope that the girls will learn from the training and empower other girls as well
Figure 1: Joyce sharing with the girls as she demonstrates with a small toy baby
Figure 2: Justine sharing with the girls as she holds a chat
Figure 3: A section of the girls in the SOHL training