Note From The Board – 2012 Year End Report & 2013 Goals
Dear U4A partner,
We hope you are encouraged when reading Unite 4 Africa’s monthly field updates. Our goal is to keep you abreast of the ongoing work and opportunities in Africa. We praise God for the change we have been able to affect as He uses Unite 4 Africa to accomplish His ongoing work.
2012 total impact in Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya and other African Network countries.
- In 2012, our network of family homes in Ethiopia and Kenya supported 847 orphans. Food, clothing, medicine and education were provided to these orphans.
- 174 of these families received farm animals to help support the orphans.
- With the help of our partner “Family Life Radio” we were able to construct two class rooms for grade 7 students, a food room, repair a hallway, and add one additional room for the Director’s office; we were also able to provide many new books and bibles to the school library, allowing children to have their own books to read and study; we were also able to offer several Leadership Training Seminars in the local village; and lastly we have begun a rehabilitation program for teenage victims who are spiritually, psychologically, and socially damaged.
- Each of the following areas of work were financially enabled by the local churches in Africa:
- 1701 patients were treated at our U4A Clinic Center and the House of Hope Medical Center.
- 1059 national leaders were trained in church planting and community transformation across Africa in 2012.
- 147 Oral Bible churches planted.
- 24 House/Cell group fellowships started in 2012.
- 1296 embraced Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in 2012.
- 2331 people were Baptized in 2012.
- With the help of our other partner organizations and churches, 4 communities of over 9,000 people in Kenya and Ethiopia were each provided with a brand new 10,000 gallon Water Catchment tank for clean drinking water in 2012.
- Kenya was blessed with the finances to start a “Bus Transportation Business” with funds raised in the US from multiple fundraisers; all this was enabled by a matching gift up to $45K from an anonymous U4A partner. The business will begin in mid 2013. The business will also help our staff become more and more self sustaining over time.
We hope you can see how your Partnership with Unite 4 Africa has been an incredible blessing to God’s people in Africa. Please remember that we can’t do this without you.
God is asking Unite 4 Africa to do even more in 2013. As you consider your monthly or yearly giving, we thank you for your consideration of Unite 4 Africa. As always, we are grateful for all your financial support, prayers, love and encouragement. We look forward to the amazing work God will do through us this year.
Below are a few of U4A’s objectives/goals for 2013:
- Raise up 100 new partners to help engage in the work being done in Africa.
- Provide 100’s of Leadership Seminars to encourage existing leaders and raise up new leaders to help transform Africa for Christ.
- Purchase 3 newer SUV’s for our staff offices in Ghana, Kenya and Ethiopia as their current vehicles are breaking down and are becoming less and less reliable.
- Raise up the funding necessary to start self sustaining businesses in Ghana and Ethiopia for our Staff on the ground in each of those countries.
- Raise up people in the Medical community and those who have a heart for sick people who will commit to helping supply the needs of our Medical Clinic and Mobil Medical Clinic
- Help new villages across Africa achieve their transformational goals through the program “Community Health Evangelism (CHE).”
- See 100’s of orphans adopted into local family homes in their village and provide animals to help care and provide for them.
- Increase the rehabilitation work for teenage victims who are spiritually, psychologically, and socially damaged.
- And most importantly with your help we will see 1000’s come to know the Lord God as their personal savior through the above work in Africa and around the world in 2013
Be encouraged in what Matthews 25: 34 – 40 says;
Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in or needing clothes and clothed you? When did we see you sick or in prison and came to visit you?” The King will reply; “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers you did for me.”
Please stay in touch with us; let us know if there is anything we can pray about for you. We care deeply about you and want to walk with you as you have walked with us to serve our King, Jesus Christ
Founder & President, Board Chairman,
Unite 4 Africa Unite 4 Africa
Okongo Samson Jim Weisert