Ghana Update – October 2013 – Samson Abukari U4A Director, Ghana
IT IS THE DOING OF THE LORD
“This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.” Psalm 118:23 (ESV)
To God be the glory great things he has done. I bring you greetings from the land of Ghana in West Africa. After days, weeks and months of uncertainty with regards to operations of U4A Ghana, here we are echoing words from the book of Ezekiel “son of man can these dry bones live again? Deep from my heart and spirit I see the Lord doing a new thing in Ghana through U4A.
The past few weeks saw some changes in the operations in Ghana. Samson Abukari is now the Country Director of U4A and ably supported by Rev. Silas Sulemana. Samson comes on board with a great passion to see individuals and communities in Northern Ghana and beyond transformed by the loving power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the operations of U4A.
Left – Samson Abukari (Country Director Ghana), Right – Rev. Silas Sulemana
U4A President’s Visit
The president of U4A Rev. Okongo Samson visited Ghana at the request of the US Board for restructuring of the operations in Ghana. The visit was a short one but so much was achieved through it. We pray that positive things will ensue and lives in Ghana will be touched and transformed through the love of Christ working through U4A. We will be working to serve the body of Christ and the lost so they can come to know our joy! Pray with us that great things for the Kingdom of God will occur by the time Okongo visits again.
Upcoming Major Events
- Three Bridges Trainings
- Construction of Rain Water Harvesters at the Kpaachehi community
- Formation of Advisory Board
- Planning for 2014
- Direction from the Lord as we go about a restructuring process
- Divine connection with people in and around Tamale who share in the Vision of U4A and are willing to serve
- Boldness for the Ghana Team to tackle the current difficulties head on
- Successful Bridges trainings
- Successful implementation of water project
- New and better ideas as we plan for 2014.
- A paradigm shift in the thinking of beneficiary communities from a poverty mentality to a surplus mentality.
- Favor in the sight of Government authorities as we deal with any legal aspects of the reorganization.
In conclusion I am encouraged by Ecclesiastes 9:4. Indeed, there is hope for U4A Ghana and we trust that He who has called us, and has begun this journey with us, will stand with us to see us bring glory to His name. Amen.
Yours in His Vineyard
Samson Abukari (Country Director, Ghana)