Life changing story of our school project
God is doing tremendous and unbelievable things in our school in wonjishawa impacting many children and the community at large. Telile Abebe is one of students in grade 9th who is 15 years old. She lost her mother and father within one and half years time interval last year and this year. Both of her parents got sick and were in bed for Six years. She was the only one who were taking care of them since she was 9 years old. Since she was determined to peruse in her education she took both the responsibility of taking care of her parents and studying very hard in her school.
Every day after school she has to walk 45 minutes to go down and fetch water and another 45 minutes to come back on the hill. After that, she cooked food and prepared coffee for her sick parents and helped them a lot in anyway they need. After that, she did her homework and read books at night by the help of kerosene fuel light. As she was doing this she was really weeping by the effects of the kerosene gas. This is the daily base life of Telile.
However, even though she has been passing through this tough challenges she is still one of the top students in or school. This school year she scored 92.76 points and has passed to grade 10th. This is the top result that girls scored in the history of the community. Currently, she lives Pastor Tegene’s house and she doing fine.
I thank God for the life of Telile and for the grace and the enablement that He granted her so that she stood in this hardship and has become successful in her schooling. Recently, unite 4 Africa gave her a cow and she was so happy about it. Pray for her that may God would give her comfort because still it has been difficult for her to recover from the mourning of her parents.
Telile with her result
Amazing church planting movement
Churches are flourishing almost in every community in our region and beyond. Recently my team and I visited one of our newly planted churches in the place called Chafedonsa. Now they are 20 households and they have passion for the Lord and have got land and build churches by their own resources.
Not only that; they are also able to plant 5 more churches within 6 months in their surrounding villages. God is just amazing!!!
Pastor Solomon, Pastor Tadesse , Pastor Abera and myself at the new church site.
The impact of our Masters’ trainers training
Training is one of our key tools to equip & develop our leaders holistically. Every month, I meet a group of leaders who have passion for the kingdom and have vision for their towns and villages. So, we share each other on various issues of leadership and life challenges. We always do group discussions on key points. After that I mentor them and share my experiences. Our training center in Nazareth has become a hub for equipping our leaders. We have more than 200 pastors and leaders in various groups participating in this program.
group discussion time
I will encourage all our prayer partners to continue to pray for us on the following prayer request lists.
- Continue to pray for the peace and stability of the country. People are displacing from their land as a result of ethnic conflict.
- Pray for our CHE project and may God would enable us to train more women to tackle the challenge of malnutrition in Ethiopia.
- Continue pray for our school in Wonjishowa that may God would enable us to purchase the school compound
- Continue Pray for our leadership training & development programs, may God would enable and provide us all the necessary resources so that we may train and develop more leaders in the future.
- Continue Pray for our Animal Project may God would touch many orphans so they have got a bright future through this small gift.
- Continue Pray for our new classrooms construction project in Welenchity and Wonjishowa, may God would help us to complete it timely.
- We have started a new project for our local church – planters to provide them Bicycles and Motorbikes if possible, so that it will help them to easier their work as they travel many villages. So, continue praying for us may God would provide us the budget for this new project.
Pastor Samson Weldemariam,
Vice President of U4A and Ethiopia Director