Kenya Update – Jan 2015 – Moses Rianto – Operations Director
In the month of December we opened a new church, “ZION BAPTIST CHURCH.”This church was started in an area which is known to traditional Maasai activities and ceremonies. This is where our young men are brought together to begin ceremonial training. At some time in 2013, a false prophet who used the Bible, but practicing Maasai traditions started what he called a church under a tree at this place. Many people flocked as he could tell about their lives. We came together as pastors in this community and prayed. God exposed him and people came to know that he was lying and chased him away. This opened a way for us to start a church and put in a new and true foundation of JESUS CHRIST. After laying a foundation in God’s word, now they are asking me to be their pastor.
Fig1. Old Maasai manyatta. Over 3000 young men use to meet here for ceremonies and blessing
Fig2 under this tree, a false prophet started, using bible but preaching traditions not the Gospel. A true church of Jesus has now started here.
- In the month of December, 9 people were baptized at House of Hope. A teen’s conference was held this month of December which theme was RESTORE THE CHURCH. 21 young men restored their faith in Jesus Christ and are now new believers who need prayers to stand firm and grow in faith.
- House of Hope continues to be a source of Hope to many in Katito and surrounding areas. Many are now being attended for their health problems. We thank Unite 4 Africa for continuing to help in supply with medicine for HOH. In the month of December we received funds to buy more medicine.
Fig3. Teen’s conference at House of Hope. 21 young men gave their lives to Jesus Christ
- Pray for the new church “ZION BAPTIST CHURCH” to grow and move out of traditions
- Pray for me (Rev Moses Rianto) as I minister in the new church. It still requires a lot of resources to build it and also to train and put leadership in place. Pray for my family as they decide to move with me to this new church
- Praise the Lord for the 21 youth whose lives have been changed for accepting Jesus as Lord and savior.
- Praise God for the rains in Maasai land.
- Praise God for the new church in Mailitisa
Unite 4 Africa inc