Dear friends and Partners,
I hope and pray that this year good for you and that 2017 will be the best year ever for you!
I have for a time gone with a prayer burden in my heart and I have felt God wanted me to do something new, I couldn’t really understand what but I knew something was going on. And a few weeks before I heard Him speaking “Throw the net on the other side…”
With that it also came to me a brand new vision that was dropped into my spirit and the Holy Spirit still unpacking that in to my mind. This is why I now feel very excited to start this New Year. A new year with new opportunities, new challenges and new victories!
I feel like the Holy Spirit wants me to train, equip and mentor many more leaders and missionaries so that they will cross their boundary of culture, geographical boarder and traditions to reach out other communities and the neighboring countries of Ethiopia.
Experience – sharing event in Wonjishowa
I have gathered together15 leaders and school directors who are serving God and their communities in different towns and villages and spent two days in Nazareth/Adama/. We had a good time of training on Christian Education and how to shape and to raise the new generation of future leaders through our schools. We had also a good time of discussions on our challenges and opportunities so that we will serve our students in a better way.
I took all the participants of the training to Wonjishowa to visit our school there. Pastor Tegene shared with them how that vision began and expand up to this level. They were very happy by what they have seen and by the great things that God has been doing in Wonjishowa. They have got lots of lessons from the visit and they have decided to implement the best practices they have got from the school in wonjishowa.
Pastor Tegene Asnake was sharing his vision & experience to our leaders.
Students’ creativity in Wonjishowa School
While we were visiting the school in Wonjishowa we have seen that the students are still doing many creative works. They make so many creative things for their biology, chemistry and physics laboratories. They make those things from the local cheap materials such as from plastics, hard papers and metals. We thank God for the wisdom that He has granted to our students and school teachers.
Students creative work in Wonjishowa
Thanks giving & Prayer Request
Here under is our prayer request for you as you always lift us in your prayers:
- Thank God for enabling us to train many leaders in various regions of the country.
- Pray for our president Rev. Okongo and SIU team; they will come to Ethiopia to conduct training for our leaders.
- Pray for the upcoming event of mass baptism in the end of this month; there will be 1,200 new believers will be taking water baptism.
- Please pray for our planning of all our training events that have been scheduled for this New Year. May God would provide us all the required budgets and use it to change many lives for His Glory.
- Kindly pray for wonjishawa school projects. We have come up with a plan in this year to build additional class rooms.
Thank You and God Bless You!
Pastor Samson Weldemariam
Vice president of U4A and Ethiopian Director