Ethiopa Update – June 2015 – Samson Weldemariam – Country Director
I. Brick-making project in Donni village
Our Church in Donni town has started Brick-making project for the youths. This is one of our strategies to reduce unemployment rate in the town. More than 80% of the youth in the town do not have the opportunity of getting jobs after they graduated from colleges.
So, the church has bought small locally made machine and trained 5 youths how to use the machine. After they took the training they have started making bricks for the construction of houses. Currently they are making bricks for the school building construction in the church.
Brick-making project in Donni town
II. Leadership training in Nazareth
We continue providing leadership training for our leaders at our training hub in Nazareth. About 30 church leaders and youth leaders from Nazareth and the surrounding towns have participated in the training.
Church and youth leaders training in Nazareth
III. Key leaders /Master trainers / Training in Deberezeit
The need of the training is very huge in every regions of the country. We have realized that we cannot reach all the needs by ourselves. So, we have selected additional 20 pastors and trainers from various regions so that they will be able to train other leaders in their respective regions.
We have given them Brigdes 2 and 3 training. We had also a good time of discussion regarding how to expand and do our work in a better way.
am so much thankful to God for giving us many young leaders in each region of the country. Their passion and zeal to advance the kingdom of God is very amazing. They have also humble heart to learn. The followings are our thanks giving to God and prayer requests:-
- Please thank God for our leaders for such an amazing heart.
- Thank God for the peaceful election we had in Ethiopia. No violence so far. This is really helps us to travel all over the country to do our mission.
- Pray again for our leaders that God would provide us to conduct more trainings to equip them for the work of the kingdom.
- Pray again for our school project in Donni village that may God would help us to be able to complete the construction of the classrooms and toilets for the children and for purchasing water tanker.
- Pray for the brick-making project in Donni that God would help us to expand it so that we reach many young people in that small town and beyond.
Director of Unite 4 Africa, Ethiopi