“For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the Lord our God is to us, whenever we call upon him? And what great nation is there, that has statutes and rules so righteous as all this law that I set before you today?” (Deuteronomy 4:7-8)
As we get closer to the month of December and the end of the year we say thank you to the Lord for how far He has brought us. Indeed, His faithfulness and mercies are beyond measure.
Samson and his family was inducted into office as the Pastor of the Janjori Kukuo International Baptist Church. They take this task at a time that close to over 100 villages in the District where the Church is located have no Church or known Christians. Pray alongside that with the help of the Holy Spirit his family will assist the Church to influence these communities with the Gospel of Christ through diverse strategies such as Bible storytelling, Discipleship Making Movement, Discovery Bible studies, Community Health Evangelism, and Sports evangelism among others.
Pastors and Church Workers Conference
Samson and Isaac part in 4 days Pastors and Church Workers conference held in Tamale. It was organized by the McFadden Ministry in collaboration with Seed Ministry. Samson was the winner of the Memory verse challenge on the last day of the conference. There were several lessons (Take aways) that were taken including “for the word of God – God said what He really meant and He meant what He really said” and lessons Christ taught Peter and is teaching us today include submission, restraint, humility, how to genuinely love and the need to be compassionate.’’
Time With Missionary Trainees
It was a wonderful opportunity for Samson to spend a full week facilitating and sharing with missionary trainees at the Globe Serve mission training centre in Tamale. Reflections on the Book of Acts and Church planting brought a great awakening to Samson and the trainees in relation to task the Lord Jesus behind for the Church to accomplish.
Graduation for Bible School Student
Samson was the guest speaker at this year’s graduation ceremony of the Victory International Bible Training Institute – Ghana. The program was under the theme: Rediscovering the kingdom of God to promote greater works. After speaking on Sunday at the thanksgiving service a Canadian lady who now resides in Ghana said “Thanks for taking time to explain what the Kingdom life style is and how that can promote greater works. Indeed, you have the message Africa needs now”.
Opportunity to give at Christmas
We will like to thank our cherished partners and donors for the faith they have in Unite 4 Africa and sacrifices you have made and continue to make to see lives touched across the globe. The following are opportunities are available for you to give to touch a life:
A gift of $25 will help us give a goat to an orphan for rearing
A gift of $50 will help us give two goats to an orphan for rearing
A gift of $100 and above will help us get the Moglaa Model school construction completed (to help cater for the quality work that
brought about changes to the original design)
A gift of $100 will help us organize CHE TOT 1 for the communities identified for training
A gift of $180 will help us organize Women Cycle of Life training for women in one for the communities identified for training
Remember to lift up these prayer needs before the Lord.
- Praise God for the successful induction service of Samson and his family and pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit in the Church planting and discipleship activities of the Church.
- Continue to pray for the construction of infrastructure for the Model school in Moglaa as work has slowed down.
- Pray for opportunities in the agro chemical industry our Brother Isaac that he will be involved in what he is passionate about and feels will help him reach out to farmers and business people.
- Pray that the Lord will help us to be able to get most of our activities accomplished before the year comes to an end.
- Pray evangelistic efforts of Silas and his Church that God will bless their work with good fruits
- Pray for healing and speedy recovering for the family of Samson as almost everyone with the exception of one has been attacked by malaria.
- Pray that the transportation challenges Samson has been battling for almost 3 months now shall be resolved.
Yours in His Vineyard
Samson Abukari – Country Director, Ghana