Note From The Unite4Africa Board – Feb 2015 – Jim Weisert & Okongo Samson
Dear U4A Partner,
You have once again helped changed the lives of so many in Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya and throughout Unite4Africa’s African Partner Network! Through your sacrifices you have helped many come to know Jesus Christ personally. And believers across the world have been encouraged in their personal and community walk with Christ.
U4A’s Board, Country Directors, and Leaders are grateful for your ongoing partnership. Thank You!!!
Below is a quick glimpse of your faithfulness during 2014:
- New Partners: 7 new partners joined with U4A to help engage in the work being done in Africa.
- Leadership Training: we trained 3,169 people in Leadership to help transform Africa for Christ.
- Self-sustaining Country Leadership businesses:
- Ghana: Our new Country Director has started two businesses on his own. They are in their infancy, but both look promising (Pig Farming and Crop Farming)
- Kenya: Our Staff was unable to achieve positive cash flow with the Bus Business in 2014. This due to terrorist attacks in the country and the Gov creating new laws for this type of business. There is discussion about selling the Bus and purchasing a Farming Tractor, with plow and trailer, which would be capable of operating 12 months per year with limited Gov intervention.
- Ethiopia: Creating a self-sustaining business is difficult due to the ever changing laws of the country. Our Country Director has presented a few, but then the Gov imposes laws that would not allow the business to be self-sustaining. So they continue to seek and pray for God to open a path for them to set up a Self Sustaining Business.
- House of Hope – Kenya: Is slowly becoming self-sustaining as a few partners are directly funding the operation for the coming year. 1464 patients were treated at our U4A Clinic and House of Hope Medical Center.
- Water for Villages: two water wells are under way in two locations. And three Water Catchment Tanks were built in three other locations.
- Orphan programs: 829 Orphans received animals, 34 orphans were adopted, and over 1,900 other orphans were assisted in some form.
- Rehabilitation of teenage victims who are spiritually, psychologically, and socially damaged: 1,750 were reached and received care.
- Lives touched by Christ:
- 4,639 people have given their life to the Lord in 2014
- 4,345 people have been baptized in 2014
- 190 small groups or house churches planted in 2014
- Short term mission trips in 2014: U4A had four very successful trips in 2014. A total of 32 partners participated
With praise we thank God for including all of us in His work in Africa and around the world! What each of us does serving God has ripple effects around the world. And as God uses each of us in 2015, we pray that we all continue to be a blessing to the least, the lost, and the forgotten.
All of us at U4A will continue to work to fulfill our Vision: “To see grass roots movements sweeping across Africa, transforming communities, and bringing abundant life in Christ.” This through the successful application of our Mission: “To unite, equip, and mobilize individuals and organizations to transform their communities spiritually, socially, physically, and economically.” We can’t do this without you, please stand firm with us and invite others to join in this wonderful work.
A look at 2015 goals for U4A:
- Raise up new partners to help engage in the work being done in Africa.
- Provide Leadership Seminars to encourage our leaders and raise up new leaders to transform Africa for Christ.
- Purchase 2 newer SUV’s for our staff offices in Kenya and Ethiopia as their current vehicles are not reliable.
- Establish self sustaining businesses in Ethiopia for our Staff on the ground.
- Supply the needs of our Medical Clinic and Mobil Medical Clinic to treat the sick and hurting.
- Help Africans achieve their transformational goals through the program “Community Health Evangelism (CHE).”
- See orphans adopted into local families in their village and supply animals to help care and provide for them.
- Increase the rehabilitation work for teenage victims who are spiritually, psychologically, and socially damaged.
- See droves of people come to know the Lord God as their personal savior through the above work in Africa and the world.
Of the above goals, one in particular is needed in the very near future. Our Staff in Kenya and Ethiopia need their broken down vehicles replaced to continue going into the country to lead, train, and share the Gospel. We anticipate each vehicle costing around $10K US dollars. If you would, please pray about partnering with us to answer this goal. Thank you.
We would ask you pray about joining us in 2015 on a mission/vision trip; contact us for trip dates. Most importantly, please stay in touch with us; you receive our monthly newsletter, but we don’t always hear from you, so let us know if there is anything we can pray about for you. We care deeply about you and want to stand together to serve our King and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Founder & President,
Unite 4 Africa
Unite 4 Africa