1. God’s hand is still Working Underground
Abdulsamad is a missionary in Muslim countries like Somalia, Somali Land and Djibouti. He is reaching out to thousands of Muslims with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and making disciples as we are all called to do.
Just few weeks ago I met him inn Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia and spent good time with him, encouraging him, pray for him and made strategic plan in the coming years. He has planted MBB (Muslim Background Believers) church in the city called Diredawa; one of the cities in Eastern part of Ethiopia close to the boarder of Djibouti and Somalia. The purpose of this church is to disciple, train & equip the Somali MBBs’ so that they will be able to equipped to reach out their own communities.
There is also a place called “Safe House” provided for those persecuted MBBs’ from their own communities due to their faith in Christ. The purpose of this lodging “Safe House” is to protect those MBBs’ who are persecuted from their communities and feel their life in danger. In this place we keep the persecuted MBBs’ for three months so that they will be able to have time for prayers, training and encouragement.
This ministry is so sensitive and we do not show and post pictures just protect our leaders and our MBBs. We thank God for this break through!
2. U4A got acknowledgment and Recognition
We have had our Annual General Assembly meeting in Addis Ababa from September 15 – 17/2021. More than 600 church leaders gathered together for three days’ praising God, celebrating His goodness and faithfulness. We have also heard praise reports and sharing stories and testimonies of how God is doing in our midst even though we have been passing through lots of challenges and hardships as a nation.
Our church (Ethiopia Emmanuel United Church – EEUC) acknowledged and recognized Unite 4 Africa for the faithful partnership in the past and particularly the love and support that has been showed & bestowed to our ministered who are being affected by the Covid – 19 pandemics.
On behalf of U4A, I received the certificate of gratitude and honor from the president of EEUC. All the participants of the meeting were exited and gave honor and appreciation by standing on their foot and clapped during the certificate presentation time. We thank God for all what He has done for us and through us.
3. Visiting Newly planted Church in Wanga Community
We believe that Church planting is the most effective method of evangelism. That’s why we are doing it aggressively. Just few weeks ago the ministry team and I visited a newly planted church in the village called Wanga in Boset district. We walked on muddy road to get to the church. Hundreds of people gathered in plastic shade and it was so amazing and a blessing for us to see those precious people worshiping God in singing and praise.
We shared the word of God with them, encouraged them and prayed for them. We thank God for this breakthrough of planting churches in every community and in every village. Currently we are able to plant from 3 – 5 churches in every month.
These are praises and prayer request items to pray about with us: –
• Thank God for our ministry in the Muslim countries and the Saving Grace and Power to transform the lives of MBBs’
• Thank God for His protection in the lives of our missionaries in Muslim dominating regions and countries.
• Pray for our under ground ministry we have in Horn of Africa nations; may God would continue saves many souls miraculously for His Glory.
• Pray for the protection of our MBBs’ particularly for those who are persecuted and run away from their country to save their lives.
• Pray for all MBB churches and Safe House that may God would continue provide all the necessary provisions to equip, train and disciple our MBBs’.
Samson Weldemariam /Pst/
Vice – president and Africa director of U4A