1. Impacting Leaders Impacting Africa:
Leadership Training in Eastern Ethiopia Region
We have had a great time of training in Harar city, Eastern Ethiopia. We trained more than 50 leaders who have come from various towns and churches in the region.
The churches in the region are facing lots of challenges and many forms of persecutions from the followers of other religions. So, such kinds of gatherings and trainings are very important for them to encourage one another, to pray together and to equip them to stand firm in the storms of persecutions and hardships.
By the end of the training many of them testified that God has spoken to them to continue in the ministry regardless and they were thankful to God. They asked us to organize more other similar training events for them so that they will be able to backed to fight the good fight of faith in that challenging region.
Leaders Training in Harar City
2. Another Mass-baptism event again:
We have had another mass baptism event two weeks agao in the river called Awash. 1,080 people got baptized on that day. We praise God for His Salvation! Those believers have come from the towns and villages called Dongore area, Wegereber, bofa, Areda, Awuragodana Adama Boku.
I have delivered the message about “the new life we have got through Jesus” to the believers and our leaders. And Pastor Nigussie and Yidnekachew gave word of prayers.
I salute all our local missionaries and church leaders for this great harvest. I believe that the fire of the True Gospel will keep burning and transform our communities and beyond. I take this opportunity to thank all our partners for your prayers and support in this great work of the kingdom.
Glory to be God!
3. Distribution of Goats and its Impact
We have continued helping our orphans by giving out goats even in the past month. We have distributed 25 goats in various villages in the past month and the pictures showed below is in one of the villages among other distributing center.
The impact is amazing in terms of helping our kids to be able to support themselves and open up the door for the Gospel. Our churches in various villages have got good reputation from the community. Even the non – believers are saying that the church is taking care of the needs of the community and they are thankful.
Distribution of Goats in Areda Village.
These are our praises and prayer request items to pray about with us:
• Thank God also for all the new converts and for those who got baptized few weeks ago; and pray for them that may God would help them to grow spiritually and to be able to be a good disciple of Jesus.
• Pray for our churches in the Eastern Region of Ethiopia where predominantly influenced by Muslims that may God would strengthen them through all the persecutions they have been passing through.
• Continue Pray specifically for the vulnerable and innocent children in Hamar community in the remote southern region of the country who are living in dangerous situation that may God would rescue them.
Samson Weldemariam /Pst/
Vice – president and Africa director of U4A