Our Mission & Vision
Our Outreach Strategy
1. United Prayer Movement
When we pray, God hears from Heaven and answers prayers.He is able to change the hearts of His people and do mighty transformations through the working of the Holy Spirit and by the power of His Word. Nothing is too hard for our God. United Prayer Movements are the backbone of church-planting movements.
2. Holistic Development - Empowerment, Not Dependency
We address the needs of a whole person: spiritual, physical, social and economically.Real community transformation must come from within the community itself. This can be facilitated from outsiders in the beginning, but successful community transformation initiatives must be owned by the community. U4A empowers communities to transform themselves.
Unite 4 Africa employs the transformational development strategy called Community Health Evangelism (CHE) by Ministry of LifeWind International. (U4A adopted CHE and called it Community Health Empowerment). At the heart of this strategy are volunteers within the community that go into homes and teach both spiritual lessons and physical lessons such as healthcare, micro-enterprise development, farming techniques, etc according to the felt needs of the community.
U4A summarized Community Health Empowerment strategy with five key principles:
- Integration: spiritual and physical needs are addressed together, so the gospel’s relevance to the whole of life is clear and compelling
- Participation: a community’s potential is mobilized through participatory learning methods, which build capacity and inspire cooperative action.
- Ownership: each community controls its own program. CHE is not done for them, but with them. Local ownership enhances dignity and ensures lasting results.
- Multiplication: knowledge, skills and technologies employed in CHE are transferable, so they can spread to other communities through local initiatives.
- Sustainability: trained local volunteers serve as leaders, organizers, evangelists and health educators. CHE programs do not require endless funding.
This is done through community church and community transformation projects like Water projects, Medical aid/ mobile clinics, micro-business enterprises, support orphans and vulnerable children, and HIV/AIDS Awareness and education. These allow individuals, families, and entire communities to experience healthiness to the fullness.
3. Enhancing Multiplication in Africa
We work as a catalyst in often forgotten and neglected regions of Africa and the world. We empower the local churches of the region to finish the task of evangelizing every people group. We raise up workers for the harvest, equip them and send them out as community leaders and church planters to see rapid church multiplication. We support them in every possible way to become successful.
We seek to provide mobilization resources, which will allow the equipped local leaders to work with Unite 4 Africa in developing their own training materials that are consistent with and unique to their own culture.
We provide consultation and networking services to help the native Africans effectively develop and deploy national missionaries to the unreached people groups throughout Africa and beyond with strategies that are long lasting.